Before being able to send ether to another wallet you need to do the following to steps.
- Make a wallet
- Buy Ether
- Send Ether
1. Make a wallet.
One of the safest website to create a wallet is myetherwallet.com Since OMG is a Ether token (ERC-20) it can be stored on this wallet along with ether.
- To make a wallet go to myetherwallet.com and click on new wallet tab.
- Enter your a password and click create new wallet.
- Save your private key and write it down on a seperate piece of paper.
For detailed instruction on How to Open an Ethereum wallet click here.
2. Buy Ether on local Ethereum.
1. Once we have created and saved the private key of the Ether Wallet we need to buy some ether which we can convert into OmiseGo (OMG). localethereum.com is a decentralized P2P platform to buy Ether anywhere in the world.
- This link is the link to our seller page. (India only)
- Click here to learn how to buy ether on localetherum.com (Picture Guide)
3. Send Ether
- Go to myetherwallet.com and click ‘Send Ether’
2. Select Private key and copy paste it in the text box. Click Unlock wallet.
3. Now Enter the wallet you want to send the ether to and enter the amount you want to send.
4. Go to https://ethgasstation.info and check recommended gas needed to send the ether. (The gas is the payment needed to transfer the ether. It is not included in the amount you are sending.)
Here we can see recommended amount is 4 Gwei.
5. Change gas to recommended amount.
6. Click on generate transaction. Click on send transaction.
7. Click on verify and save the transaction id. (This is needed for proof of transaction also to convert when using switchmycrypto.com)